For the last 80 years the NCPD has played an integral role in shaping South Africa into a country where persons with disabilities have access to equal opportunities and rights. The NCPD runs awareness programmes, influences government policies, promotes physical access, supports the schooling of children with disabilities in special and mainstream schools both in terms of learning and assistive devices to aid their education, and has initiatives to promote learners entry into the workforce via job creation and placement programmes, thereby facilitating economic participation. Collectively, these actions enable, support and enhance the quality of life for persons with disabilities.
Locations and Registrations
Our Head Office is located in Gauteng, at 82 Andries Pretorius Road, Edenvale, from where we provide a national coordinating service and proactive forum for our affiliates, the nine provincial Associations for Persons with Disabilities (APDs).
- NCPD is an active non-profit organisation, registered as 000-923 NPO in terms of Act 71 of 1997
- NCPD is a public-benefit organisation, registration number 930020816, adhering to criteria prescribed in section 30 of the Income Tax Act (the IT Act)
- Our Tax Clearance is filed as SARS 930020816
- Our 86,63% Black Beneficiary Base is recognised by a 100% B-BBEE SED, certified PBO 930020816
Vision: A totally inclusive and equitable South Africa
Our vision is that South Africa becomes a totally inclusive and equitable nation.
A society where the human rights of persons with disabilities are upheld and protected, and ensures inclusion in all spheres of social, economic and political life.
Mission: Drive equitable social & economic inclusion of persons with disabilities in SA
The NCPD’s mission is to advocate and facilitate equitable social and economic inclusion of persons with disabilities in South Africa.
We constantly seek innovative solutions to challenges experienced by persons with disabilities. To drive sustainable change we engage, challenge and collaborate with a broad spectrum of stakeholders (government, private, public and civil society) to mobilise resources for advocacy, specific services and programmes to develop opportunities that enable persons with disabilities to exercise their human rights and participate fully in society.
The NCPD’s Projects and Programmes include:
• Casual Day
• Nappy Run
• Enterprise Development
• Youth Programmes
• Children Programmes
• Women with Disabilities
• Rural Development
• Reasonable Accommodation
• Candidate Placements
• Support Services to Employers and Employees
• On-Line Store
• Awareness Raising
• BBBEE Support to Companies
• Advocacy and Lobbying
• Universal Design and Access Audits
• Disability information and training sessions in schools
• Early identification of children with disabilities for school placement
• Support mainstream schools whom include children with disabilities
• Work closely with special schools to ensure that school leavers do not become homeless
• Provide job placement and educational support to school leavers
• Co-ordinate the supply of assistive devices and nappies to schools
• Provide support to malfunctioning special schools and child abuse